Elizabeth has always had a true passion for physical fitness and living a happy and healthy lifestyle. Feeling good about yourself and your body builds great self-confidence and the belief that anything is possible. As the former owner of Mind Body Movement for 4+ year, Elizabeth has been teaching fitness and pilates for over 10 years throughout the Greater Cincinnati area including local schools and universities. She holds certifications as a 200 RYT Yoga Teacher and Pilates Specialist.
Elizabeth truly loves working with people and helping them to find their inner and outer strength, while having some fun doing it. Elizabeth has experience with all ages and levels including rehabilitative instruction and provides Live online streaming group classes for adults; instilling the importance of health and wellness. Elizabeth lives by the motto that every person is given a powerful mind, a strong body, and the gift of movement and therefore should put this amazing trifecta to good use and be AMAZING! In addition to her passion for health and movement, Elizabeth spends her hours outside the studio spending time with her loving husband and baby boy.
Want to know more about Elizabeth? See her interview below.
- How did you get into your field? I began Pilates in college as a vocal major. As a vocalist, it is essential to develop good core strength and posture. Pilates also enhances the use of diaphragmatic breathing. In addition, as an avid runner, pilates has improved my overall athletic performance.
- What is your training background? I first received my 200 RYT certification in yoga but shortly after, fell in love with pilates and became certified in pilates mat and reformer.
- How long have you practicing/teaching? I have been practicing Pilates for over 15 years and teaching for over 10 years.
- Who influenced your career path (who have you enjoyed learning from, mentor, etc)? The biggest influencer on my career choice has been my former instructors and the clients I have taught. In addition, the positivity I have seen in my own health and personal wellness. As a teen, weighing 220lbs, I struggled with exercise and staying committed to healthy mindful ways to move my body that were sustainable and practical. Pilates was one of the healthy choices I have fully committed to in my journey for weight loss and will continue for a lifetime.
- What makes you love your field? I love working with clients of all ages and stages. Whether it is for rehabilitation, weight loss, athletic conditioning, or just mental and physical health, it is truly a gift to develop a relationship with a client and see them develop and achieve the goals they set. There is nothing better than witnessing a client having that “AHA” moment!
- What kind of clients do you love working with?
I truly enjoy working with all genders, ages, and levels. No matter the challenge one faces there are always ways to work around or improve your physical limitations.
- What sets you apart? I believe that I have a great ability to relate to the client and make them comfortable in my sessions. Stepping out of your comfort zone or going to a place that is new can be daunting. Trust me, I have been there! But as they say, “What does not challenge you will not change you.” I am my each of my clients’ biggest cheerleader and I tailor my instruction to their best interests by listening to their needs.
- Whats your mission? No matter the age, level, or condition; we are given a powerful mind, a strong body, and the gift of movement….so let’s put it to use and be AMAZING!
- What brings you joy? I have so many joys in life. However, my family has always been my greatest. With the recent arrival of my first child, life could not get much better!
- What do you do with your spare time? I love spending time with my loving husband and baby boy. In addition, I enjoy running, strength-training, performing, and exploring new opportunities.
How do we follow you?
- Website: www.movewithelizabeth.com
- Instagram: @movewithelizabeth
- Facebook: Movement