Dr. Jessica Volciak, PT, DPT, ATC earned a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Slippery Rock University (PA) in 2019 and a Bachelors degree in Athletic Training with a minor in Exercise Science from Mount St. Joseph University in 2016. She is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and Ohio Physical Therapy Association.
Dr. Volciak has clinical experience in outpatient orthopedics (sports rehab, joint replacement, back pain, etc.), pediatric acute care (infant development, post-surgical), and pediatric rehab program (intense neurological impairments). Throughout her education she has also worked with high school, collegiate, and professional athletes involved in various sports to provide close injury management.
Dr. Volciak is an active participant and member of Applied Prevention and Health Promotion Therapies, is part of a project to assist fitness testing and healthy lifestyle development in schools, and has formed an exercise and fall prevention program at an assisted living facility.
Want to know more about Jessica? See her interview below
- How did you get into your field? I have 4 younger siblings who were all involved in sports, so naturally being the oldest I helped take care of their injuries. This lead me to pursue a Bachelor’s in Athletic Training and Doctorate in Physical Therapy.
- What is your training background? Clinical experience with various sports high school, collegiate, and professional levels as well as in outpatient and inpatient pediatric settings. I am Certified in Applied Prevention and Health Promotion from the Academy of Prevention and Health Promotion Therapies and am currently pursuing my training in Trigger Point Dry Needling trained from Myopain Seminars. I am currently participating in a 1 year post-doctoral Mentorship focused manual and integrative therapy Dr. Sarah Crawford at Anchor Wellness.
- How long have you practicing/teaching? May 2019
- Who influenced your career path (who have you enjoyed learning from, mentor, etc)? Dr. Sarah Crawford, Dr. Ali Hartman, Dr. Perry Brubaker, Dr. Carley Greenawalt, Dr. Jeff Moore, Dr. BC Charles-Liscombe, Erin Lewis, Brandon Sipes, Lisa Koenig
- What makes you love your field? Helping people with their injuries and conditions, educating patients, and guiding people in their return to activities they love.
- What kind of clients do you love working with? I love coaching and treating athletes of all ages and all activities: students, corporate/industrial employees, dancers, cross fitters, lifters, golfers, parents, etc. Everything we do involves our physical condition and I’m here to assist in better, pain free performance.
- What sets you apart? High efforts and emphasis on promoting movement and looking at the whole picture of each individual.
- Whats your mission? I want to teach people how to help themselves and gain self-empowerment for their health and wellness.
- What brings you joy? Dogs, learning something new, exercising/lifting, music, organizing, dancing, horse-back riding, being outside, food.
- What do you do with your spare time? I like to spend time with family and my boyfriend, prepare content for blogs and workshops, research best practices for my patients, connecting with friends, chatting with my long distance family.
HOW CAN WE FOLLOW YOU?
- Instagram: @jessvdr.pt